Monday, December 19, 2022

Johnny Oz For City Council At Large


First off, let me say. I love Akron, I am Akron, and besides my parents, Akron has made me who I am today. As a community member, a man, a father, author, and an entrepreneur. This is my why. Akron has groomed me, by way of strong values and skills instilled by my mother, from her parents. Along with college preparatory programs, community center involvement and youth work programs, that taught me so much about character, work ethic and integrity. Graduating from Central-Hower High School, a school with a strong reputable tradition and a winning culture, scholastically and athletically. Success would soon follow.

My timeline of the history of Akron has enabled me to embody many fragments and segments of this monumental historical place. So I have witnessed what Akron is capable of as a city, as a community, as a culture, as a family, and as a neighborhood. Neighbors becoming extended family, coaches becoming uncles, mentors becoming older cousins, teachers becoming aunties. childhood friends becoming siblings and their parents, becoming our parents. Standing right beside strong fathers and compassionate mothers assisting in creating children, into future community leaders and self-sufficient young adults. This is what I recall, this is what I wish and pray to remain the same.

The people of Akron are hardworking, friendly, family oriented, and value community. Akron is a very supportive and proud city. Summers are incredible, spring is insightful, winters are festive and warm, and fall is artistically intriguing.

Unfortunately things change. Individualism, survivorlism and materialism, has aided in the destruction of families in Akron, Ohio. With inability to change for the sake of family, love, community and the city of Akron. Strong families are the foundation for strong communities, which makes a strong city, like Akron, Ohio, the birthplace of all things great!

Empower Families,We Empower our Communities VOTE OSBY 2023