Monday, February 10, 2020

Buchtel's Cosmetology Teacher Is Toray Green

Cosmetology Teacher Toray Green 

I consider myself a very lucky and fortunate brotha. I say that because of all of the very impressive people that I get to talk with every day. From all over the “BLAkron Ohio” experience, we here at Akronhiphop and The Reporter Newspaper has the unique privilege and responsibility to ensure that those uniquely impressive people are plastered all over your social media timeline.

Recently, I had the honor to “chop it up” or talk with the lovely and very intelligent Toray Green. For those that don’t know, Toray is a makeup artist, business owner, stylist and the most recently hired Buchtel High School cosmetology, teacher. When I found out that she got the job I was extremely happy because I know first-hand what type of god featuring, respectful and professional personal Toray Green truly is.

During our vibe session (conversation) I could hardly control my excitement for her students. I personally know and understand how important that our African American children/students see and deal with teachers that look like and understand the culture from which they come from. This is extremely “dope” to me because Toray has the direct responsibility to help shape the minds and souls of our youth with every single class.

In closing, I could go on and on about how truly dope/great Toray’s appointed position is as it pertains to our community, however, I’ll let you check out our vibe session/ conversation in the video posted below. Until next time, have some fun and get something done.

-Hiram Akeem

Check out this quick video