Sunday, May 26, 2019

Canton Ohio's Conscious Community Is here

Brotha Mack &
Min. Steven Muhammad

One of the things that I get a kick out of is the number of people that are starting to recognize what we are "really" doing with our AkronHipHop platform. I get calls from all over the map saying that they thought Ohio was "mad country" to things like they didn't know Ohio had forward thinking "black" people. I usually say "I don't know about the entire state but I do know that our city BLAkron Ohio is filled with entrepreneurs doing more than what our people do stereotypically".

The great thing about the internet (social media specifically) is the connections and reach potential. I personally have met quite a few people through our social media presence and the relationships are what community building is all about. One of those relationships is with a good brotha from Canton Ohio whose name is Garland Mack. He noticed one of our interviews and been liking and following us ever since. I noticed and checked out his Facebook page and thought I'd reach out to the brotha. Below is a video of our first vibe session and conversation. Until next time, have some fun and get something done.

-Hiram Akeem


Check out this quick video