Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Music From Yella Breezy & Kevin Gates

Kevin Gates & Yella Breezy

Someone asked me how come I wasn't doing music reviews anymore. It was then that I realized that I didn't do one in a year or so. With that being said, I was re-energized and thought that I would get back on my original 1, 2.

For my first review I thought that I would do something that would be easy to talk about and that's my brotha Kevin Gates. The name of the song is titled "What I did" by new comer Yella Breezy. But to me, when Kevin is on a track it's kind of all bad for whoever coming behind him.

The track has that traditional yet very trendy vibe to it. Meaning, no matter where you're from this song should be playing on your local "Blazin HipHop and R&B station all day every day. Yella Breezy displays some very good skills ultimately showing that not all young rappers are mumblers. 

The thing that I like most about this joint is Kevin Gates verse. Almost anytime he's featured on a track he makes the song his on. Ultimately making the star of the song look like the under paid special guest. All in all, Yella did his thing and represented himself as well as he could being in the lion's den with a rapper as the like of Gates. Until next time, have some fun and get something done.

-Hiram Akeem