Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Identifying Da God Within with New Track "I Am"

Rapper & Teacher Kimani Smith


Akron Rap Artist, Kimani Smith, who goes by the moniker “Mr. Smith” is fresh off the set of his new video, “I Am” which depicts the belief that God is within us. The video was shot by Ellis Floyd who makes videos so affordable but they look like multi-million dollar productions. Mr. Smith is a strong supporter of local artists and promoting their music.
The birth of the song “I Am” came about while Mr. Smith was on the Music is My Religion Tour. Two years ago, the Rapper was asked to perform the initial verse of “I Am”and it was well received by tour crowds. From their grew Mr. Smith’s vision on what I Am truly embodied…people are Gods with the little “G”. Mr. Smith plans to release his two-volume set titled “Musical Motivation” in early 2019. He epitomizes rappers working as a collective to come together in BLAkron to showcase their talents and gifts. To learn more about Mr. Smith and his music, stay connected with us on www.Akronhiphop.com.

-L.T. Myers


Check out this quick video